The UBC Division of Rheumatology offers education at all levels of physician training:
- We accept 2-4 residents per year for our 2-year Rheumatology residency training program . We have 2 guaranteed Ministry of Health-funded positions per year, for Canadian residents applying through CaRMS.
- We accommodate 62-78 rotating residents from within UBC and from other universities, at our 3 Lower Mainland sites (St. Paul’s Hospital & Vancouver General Hospital in Vancouver, and Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster), for 4-week rotations, both mandatory and elective. This includes Internal Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehab, Neurology, Dermatology, Geriatrics, General Internal Medicine, Family Practice, and Obstetric Medicine, as well as the UBC PGY1 Program
- We accommodate approximately 7-10 medical students for formal 2-4 week rotations at St. Paul’s Hospital rheumatology, not including the medical students who work separately with individual rheumatologists.
We also run a week-long annual Crash Course in Rheumatology (formerly Basic Skills Course for the Rheumatology Clinical Fellow) in early July of each year, for new Rheumatology trainees from across Canada and even further afield.
- St. Paul’s Hospital
- Vancouver General Hospital
- G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre
- Royal Columbian Hospital (New Westminster)
- BC Children’s Hospital for Paediatric Rheumatology
- Various Community rheumatologists’ offices across the Lower Mainland
Please see menu at left for more information.